Thursday, March 1, 2012

Recipes! - Broiled Bluefish

With fishing season now upon us I thought it would be a good time to share one of my favorite recipes, Broiled Bluefish....



Bluefish? Yes I said bluefish. Many people love to catch blues because of their violent strikes and fierce fights, but not a lot of people consider them "good to eat." I got this simple but tasty recipe from a captain I used to fish with on the Chesapeake Bay who made it for us in a microwave on the boat one day. I was amazed how good it was, and it has become one of my favorite fish recipes. So the next time you get into some smaller "cocktail" sized bluefish (the big ones aren't really good for anything but shark bait or the smoker) try this recipe out.



Ingredients:

4-6 Bluefish fillets (skinned)
1 Cup Mayo
Old Bay

Preheat the broiler to high. Coat one side of each fillet generously with mayo. Place fillets mayo side up on a foil lined cookie sheet (make sure to spray with non-stick spray if foil is not non-stick) Sprinkle old bay on top of each fillet (use as much old bay as you like, I personally like a lot). Put fillets under the broiler for 4-5 minutes, make sure you keep an eye on them they cook very fast! Let cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment