Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dave's Top 5 Rubber Worms for Bass

Rubber worms are one of the oldest and maybe the most successful bass fishing lures ever. Rubber worms and soft plastics in general keep evolving and the selection of soft plastic baits is almost limitless.

I have decided to pick my top 5 rubber worms for bass fishing. I tried to come up with a list of top 5 soft plastics for bass but there are just too many to choose from and it was hard enough nailing down my favorite rubber worms.

#5. Berkley Rib Worm

The Rib Worm from Berkley Power Bait is almost a standard curl tail rubber worm, except for the "ribs" running up and down the body of the worm. This rubber worm is one of my go to worms when fishing sparse lily pads or any other shallow sparse vegetation. The rib worms are a little smaller in profile then some of the other rubber worms in similar lengths. I think the ribbed body helps pushes water on the fall and helps get the attention of bass in the area. My favorite color is chartreuse sparkle (which is my favorite for almost every rubber worm)

#4 Berkley Power Worm

My next favorite rubber worm is again a product from Berkley, the Berkley Power Worm. This worm is one of the most popular rubber worms on the market. My favorite size is 7" however, 10" power worms are deadly on bigger fish. These worms are great because you can fish them in all kinds of depths, vegetation or any other structure. I find the best luck with these worms carolina rigged fished in structure or vegetation. My favorite color Power Worm is electric grape, although all colors produce.

#3 Zoom Speed Worm

Another great rubber worm for bass fishing and ranked #3 on my list is the Zoom Speed Worm. These worms have a paddle tail which drives bass absolutely nuts. One thing most bass anglers agree with is the quality of bass the paddle tail worms produce tends to be bigger than other rubber worms. I love to carolina rig this worm with a heavy nose weight and flip it in heavy cover and vegetation. It produces some big bass! My favorite color for the Zoom Speed Worm is "Red Shad"

#2 Trigger X Aggression Probe Worm

This worm, the Trigger X Aggression Probe Worm, takes the cake as my favorite small mouth bass worm by far. I love drop shotting this worm for big smallies. It also produces some nice LMBs when I carolina rig it and fish it weightless in the lily pads as well. My favorite color for the Probe Worm is "Baby Bass" this drives the smallies wild and is pretty much all I ever use when drop shotting for smallies.





#1 Gary Yamamoto Senko

My number one rubber worm for bass fishing is the Gary Yamamoto Senko. I am sure I am not the only one who thinks this either. These worms are awesome. I fish these carolina rigged for big LMB's, and wacky style on rivers for big smallies. Bass cannot get enough of these worms. They have produced more and bigger bass for me than any other worm, including the ones on this list. And that is why the Gary Yamamoto Senko is my #1 rubber worm for bass. All the colors are great. This pic shows some I like the best.

So that is my list of my favorite rubber worms for bass. What do you think? Let me know if you agree, disagree or have any other worms you like better!

Tight Lines,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment