Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fishing Report! - Bluefin Tuna!

On Sunday the Coastal Fisherman reported the Wrangler out of OCMD brought in the first bluefin tuna of the year. The crew caught it in 200 fathoms of the Baltimore Canyon. After catching their one bluefin they set up for sharking but only caught blue sharks.

Another boat did bring in a 95# mako from the Poormans.

Another boat brought in a bluefin to OCMD on Tuesday from 100 fathoms of the Baltimore, this after catching 2 gaffer dolphin in the Washington.

With warm water moving into the canyons and hopefully into some of the inshore spots in the next week or so we should start to see more and more pelagics being brought into the OCMD, IRI and NJ inlets.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,


    Recently I came across some great articles on your site. The other day, I was discussing (http://m-asportsman.blogspot.in/2012/05/fishing-report-bluefin-tuna.html ) with my colleagues and they suggested I submit an article of my own. Your site is just perfect for what I have written! Would it be ok to submit the article? It is free of charge, of course!

    Let me know what you think
    Contact me at john26anderson@gmail.com

    Regards,
    John Anderson

    ReplyDelete