Monday, May 5, 2014

Upper Delaware Bay Striper Report - 5/3/14

I went out today with my friends Walt and Marty in an attempt to get them both their first keeper stripers.

We left Augustine Beach at 5:25 and were greeted to the calmest day I have fished this season.


The water was like glass and we quickly made our way south and set up where we had the good action the week before. We got the lines out and in about 5 minutes we were hooked up and Walt reeled in a 24" short. He went back in the water and it looked like we were going to have a good day.

Well after that it went quiet. We fished hard from 6:00am until 1:00pm with just 3 catfish and more light bites. There must have been 20 boats around us and we didn't see a striper caught all day. At 1:00 we headed back in feeling a little defeated, but it was still a great day of fishing.

I promised my buddy Walt his first keeper striper this year so that just means we have to try again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment