Friday, April 20, 2012

Product Review! - Shore to Shore Tackle - Parachute Rigs

With the Trophy Striper season on the Chesapeake Bay opening tomorrow I thought it would be a good time to post up a product review of parachute rigs I started using last year.

Most captains would agree the parachute rig is one of if not the top producing lure for big stripers during the spring trophy season. These lures can be run by themselves (singles), behind umbrella rigs, or rigged as tandem rigs (doubles). My favorite way to fish these are when they are rigged as tandem rigs. This allows you to run 2 lures on one rod and not create as much drag as an umbrella rig.

The Shore to Shore Tackle company, LLC, is ran by Greg Buckner of Miss Susie Charters in Solomans Island, MD. I first found out about his parachutes after seeing him post on Tidal Fish before the trophy season last year. Me being the tackle junkie I am ordered a couple tandem rigs from him. While last season was very tough, especially for those fishing above the Bay Bridge like myself, I was pleasantly suprised that the tandems I bought from Greg produced every trip. Some days they were the only bait that got hit! So of course for this season I ordered a few more to add to the arsenal. The quality of these lures is top notch and Greg can put together any color combinations you like. I think sometimes people are scared to stray from the traditional white/white and chartruce/chartruce combos that everyone uses. While these combos catch a ton of Stripers, I always like to have a couple odd color combos out there as well.

This year I picked up a 3/6 oz tandem rig both with Blue Glitter heads, white hair and 9inch shads, but on the smaller parachute I went with a cotton candy shad and on the larger a white shad. I also picked up another 2/5 oz tandem rig both with purple heads (hot color from last year), chartruce hair, 9inch chartruce shad on the bigger parachute and a 6in green glitter shad on the smaller.

Here are a couple of pictures of his parachutes from his website.





You can check out his website Here

No comments:

Post a Comment